I think it's a common misconception that transitioning to a more green beauty routine is expensive so today on my blog I wanted to share with you my favorite affordable green beauty brands that won't break the bank and can be found at your local Target.
Please keep in mind that there is no definitive green beauty description. I typically try to use products that rate low on the ewg data base, are made with organic ingredients, sans synthetic fragrances and parabens, and are not tested on animals. Since everyone's beauty meter is different, be sure to read the labels before you make any purchases.
1. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara: This was the first mascara I tried when I switched up my routine. I think it's a great mascara for the price and it's beloved by tons of beauty insiders. ($6.49)
2. Acure Marula Oil: This oil absorbs quickly so you can use it day or night and is non-comedogenic so it won't clog your pores. Plus you can also use it on cuticles and hair. ($10.99)
3. Shea Moisture Eyeliner: If you have trouble with your eyeliner moving through out the day, give this one a try. This eyeliner is so good it even stays in the water line! You many never buy another eyeliner again. ($7.99)
4. California Baby De-tangler: This detangler is the first thing I put on when I get out of the shower to manage the effects of SoCals hard water and it works like a charm. If you have super sensitive skin, I also recommend checking out the rest of the products in this line. ($9.29)
5. Andalou Rose Cleanser: I have oily skin so I love to use this cleanser in the evening to get off all of my makeup plus the mellow rose scent makes my skincare routine feel super luxe. ($12.99)
6. Elf Makeup Brushes: These brushes are awesome. They are super affordable so if you are looking to ditch your animal hair brushes, these may be a great option. ($0.99-$10.00)
8. Burts Bees Lipsticks: I find these lipsticks to be super moisturizing without being too shiny which is the kind of formula I gravitate to. They come in tons of colors and formulas so there's something for everyone in their range. ($6.39)
9. Shea Moisture Black Soap: Black soap can be used on the body and face so it's a great value. Shea Moisture also make 18 different varieties of soap so I recommend checking them out to find one that works for you. ($3.97)
10. Ardell Natural 105 Eyelashes: Every time I wear these lashes people ask me what mascara I am wearing which is a testament to how natural and impactful these lashes are. They can be hard to find sometimes so I pick a set up every time I see them at my local Target. ($3.79)
These are just a few of my favorite affordable green beauty buys. What are yours? Feel free to leave a comment below to let us all know what other products we should be looking out for. <3